Awaken the tango in you in a 7-day tango vacation in Buenos Aires
What if I told you that you could:
- Reconnect to your sensuality
- Explore intimacy
- Become more confident at eye contact and flirting
- Gain life-changing awareness about your own relationships patterns
- Learn to walk in a new, sexy, “tango” way
- Have a tangasm!
And you could do all that while also having an amazing immersive vacation in the intoxicating Buenos Aires tango scene?
You say, God, that sounds amazing but I don’t know how to tango. Or I don’t know if I’m ready for the Buenos Aires milongas (where the tango addicts dance).
You don’t have to know how to tango. You can be a total beginner or have some tango or dance experience. You can be any age.
My transformative tango team of teachers and guides meet you exactly where you are in your tango journey to give you the support you need to take your first tango steps in Buenos Aires.
You will move out of your comfort zone, improve as a dancer (even if you never danced before) and discover what tango has to teach you for your confidence, posture, relationships, sensuality, masculinity and femininity, trust, boundaries, and connection to yourself.
I give you the coaching you need to bring tango’s lessons for life home for you through words and they help you learn these lessons through your body.
SO . . .come away with me and my team, and discover yourself through tango in a 7-day tango holiday in Buenos Aires! We’re waiting for you!
Our next Group Tango Adventure is May 4-10, 2019.
This is beautiful fall weather in Buenos Aires and it’s the ONLY group adventure in 2019. If you want to come at another time, check out the other option we have to support you: the Solo Chica Tango Adventure.
We recommend you come a day or two before to settle in, and stay longer if you are able to, though many people come just for the week.
- Group Tango Adventure Price: $2195
- Come with a friend, family member or partner and get a discount of 10% off for each person.
- Nonrefundable deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Payment plans are available to make it easy for you to budget as long as the trip is paid in full by your arrival date. For example, if you book in November for a trip in April, we can then set up monthly payments of $339 for five months to pay in full before the trip.
- Limited spaces are available for both Group and Solo Adventures. Don’t wait to book to assure availability.
Wanna go on an adventure? Enter your email address here to get the next steps.
Have you taken the risks to experience the fullness of life?
You love the idea of exploring tango at the source–something spiritual and sexy at the same time. A yoga retreat is fine, but a Tango Adventure? Sign me up!
…you want an adventure that is safe, but also thrilling
…you want to become more confident
…you want to learn to let go, to take charge while taking care of your partner, to listen, to trust, to trust yourself
…you want to more pleasure in your life
…you are ready to meet fascinating people who are following their heart and living differently in Buenos Aires for off the tourist map
Travel, tango, Buenos Aires, transformation, reconnection to your sensuality, and tango shoes. . . what’s not to love?
You get an intimate view of Buenos Aires through the eyes of locals combined with the perfect introduction to tango in Buenos Aires.
You’ll get an insider’s view of Buenos Aires
You can learn Argentine tango anywhere but to understand the dance you have to come to the source. Buenos Aires (and Uruguay) is where tango was born among immigrants in a collision of cultures over 100 years ago.
Buenos Aires is where you will find huge passion in people who go out to dance tango every night at hundreds of elegant to casual milongas. We’ll show you a diversity, from rock n roll to classical style and you’ll get to dress up or down as you please. This is definitely a chance to wear the dress or suit you don’t normally get a chance to wear, or you can come in jeans.
You will get way off the tourist bus as you get to know the intoxicating tango places, people, dance, and music we curate for you in this authentic tango safari.You will live like a local quickly in the “Paris of the South” with our help as you discover a pulsing city of stylish people and extravagant architecture, wide boulevards and leafy parks, gastronomic delights, and of course, tango in the streets.
You’ll also have time to spend on your own. We give you time to wander, discover your own treasures, and nourish yourself with alone time to reflect and rest.
Watch these videos for a taste of your Tango Adventure to come.
What it includes
During this 7-day tango vacation in Buenos Aires, you will:
- Take life-changing lessons + workshops using tango as a mirror and a metaphor to teach you about yourself, relationships, sensuality, and confidence.
- Reconnect to your sensuality and your femininity and/or masculinity. Rediscover parts of you that you that have been lost or suppressed.
- Gain a safe space to explore boundaries, trust, vulnerability–all within the safe, melty container of tango
- Inhabit your body with new confidence + posture
- Practice holding eye contact (Holding eye contact is a basic flirting skill. You may find yourself flirting and meeting more people after the trip!)
- Learn what a tangasm is, how to have one, and quite possibly have one!
- Get our support to get on the dance floor–quickly!
In addition to all the personal growth, you’ll get an authentic deep dive into the Buenos Aires’ tango scene you could never find on your own without our careful curation and connections. You’ll also learn about the history, anthropology and culture of tango.
We design your schedule—you get our support so you can relax and let go to go on the ride of a lifetime. You don’t have to worry about the details of where to go, what to do, who to study with, or how to take your first steps on the dance floor.
You will have tango insiders guiding you through the authentic tango scene on a journey of cultural discovery and self-discovery. We create the experience specifically for you and/or your group in mind.
Here’s what the experience includes:
- 3 group dinners at local favorite spots, including Welcome Dinner at a local favorite milonga and goodbye feast at a local favorite restaurant
- 3 workshops: Welcome Workshop to connect the group and articulate what this is all about your for, Essence of Tango Workshop on tango as an intimate connection and the Tango Goddess Workshop on your “look,” posture, walk (pussywalking!), and confidence so you are growing more confident in your posture and eye contact in the theater of the milonga and in your everyday life back at home
- 3 private 1- hour lessons with one of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires to learn tango and what tango reveals for you. These lessons are tailored for you, whether you are a total beginner or have been dancing tango for years.
- 2- hour psicotango workshop with local psychoanalysts specializing in tango to learn tango and what your body language reveals for your self
- 5 guided evening or afternoon outings to milongas, the beautiful places where people dance tango in Buenos Aires. Our guides teach you the secret codes of the milonga and support you to dance so you are jumping right into the local culture. Any dance scene can be difficult to break into, so we help you make connections and get comfortable quickly.
- 2 3-hour Taxi dancer (“dancer for hire”) experiences (we call them acompanantes de tu evolucion) to help you make your debut onto the dance floor at a Buenos Aires milonga with confidence. This accompaniment shared with the rest of the group helps you get on the dance floor with someone who makes you feel comfortable. Our taxi dancers are wonderful, good-hearted dancers who dance with people at all levels of experience.
- Tango shoe-shopping outing to secret showroom that requires an appointment and the best tango shoes stores for practice and elegant shoes
- 1-hour massage to soothe your muscles from dancing and traveling
- Guided tour to San Telmo feria, one of Buenos Aires must-dos where you can find lots of artisanal treasures and lots of live music and danci
- Personal “concierge” help for the week and before to assist you with the things you want to do in Buenos Aires in your free time and to help you navigate the city, especially helpful for those who are the first time in Buenos Aires and don’t speak Spanish
- Orientation to the city, cabs and public transportation plus a Sube card (for transit)
- Guidance for what to do in your tango journey next at home
Why I created the Tango Adventure in Buenos Aires
I’m the author of the cult hit Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics and a life coach for smart, successful women (+ some quirky men) who don’t want to settle in any area of life.
Ten years ago I was working as a product manager at Internet startup in Silicon Valley but I found myself spiraling in negativity about everything: my career, dating, and life itself. I decided to make a radical choice to leave my dry job and life to move to Brazil. That decision set in motion a wet and wild ride that led me to discover tango in Cali, the world capital of salsa, in Colombia. My passion for tango led me to Buenos Aires, the Paris of the South, where I have lived primarily for the last four years.
I experienced so much healing and pleasure through tango myself that I wanted to make this experience more accessible to others. I created a unique methodology using tango as a tool for transformation so more people can have this experience of tapping into the healing power of tango.
I believe in body-based learning. Simply put, intellectual knowledge alone has the shelf life of milk. Tango teaches about trust, intuition, listening, and listening to yourself. Tango can help with just about anything.
Some people who come on the Tango Adventure choose to work with me as their life coach before they come so we can build a relationship and deepens your insights through tango, grounding them back in your life at home. The choice is up to you. Either way you are going to find new insights for your life through tango, guaranteed!
Watch these videos to get to know me and my approach to tango and how the dance can be used as a tool for personal transformation.
Where you stay
Drawing on our insider knowledge from living in Buenos Aires, we make it easy for you for you to pick a place to stay. We recommend a fantastic boutique hotel in Palermo Soho with a great ambiance in a very chic and convenient, walkable neighborhood full of delights and close to all things tango.
We let you choose your room and pay directly so you can get exactly what you want.
The price at Hotel Costa Rica ranges from $40 to $75 a night depending on room size, time of year, and availability for the week you chose to come.
Add a Tango Goddess photo shoot
You can add a Tango Goddess Photo Shoot to your adventure if you like with an award-winning photographer. We can also provide styling and coaching assistance for the shoot along with recommendations on where to get a new tango goddess outfit.
What Past Adventurers Say
“The trip to Buenos Aires was lovely, and in many ways, the perfect tango adventure. The itinerary created by Sasha is carefully planned, and considerate of a traveler’s need for downtime. She makes it exciting and she is there with you every step of the way. Her assistant Colleen was a dear and a treat herself, as was the rest of the cast of characters involved. I cannot tell you how much the little things I learned during the trip have impacted my everyday life. Alejandro’s lessons had a huge impact on me and have stayed with me.”
“I started at zero and now I can get out there on the dance floor and people are saying it looks like tango! I’ve had an amazing time and if you are thinking about coming definitely you should. The music is so passionate, and soulful, it’s undescribable seeing the live tango bands. Sasha has been very impressive on exploration of your own self and journey, how can use the experiences here to gain insights back in the real world. It’s been very insightful. Let go, learn and take it all in.”
“I would do the Tango Adventure again in a heartbeat! It was the perfect balance between activities and time to explore alone. I enjoyed the dinners, lectures, evenings, and meeting Sasha’s friends. The true joy I saw in Buenos Aires was from people living very large lives. I appreciated the level of intimacy required from tango, the balance between owning yourself and yielding to your partner. I realized there are vital people dancing and living, no matter their age.”
“I learned about relaxing, relaxing my body, relaxing my thoughts, just being able to go with the flow of what’s happening. If you want to have a full-body-mind-and-soul experience that fills your five senses and even your sixth sense because you have to sense things happening around you come on this Tango Adventure.”
New York, New York
“Discovering tango has given me a new outlet that supports my need for touch – whether in a relationship or not. I’m much stronger in my values–I ask for what I want and I don’t settle anymore.Being in a different place really has a huge power with Sasha’s guidance. Tango has given me so many things –and I have Sasha to thank! That sense of myself, my power, my sensuality, and a greater feeling of owning my space in this big old world.”
“II appreciated the sincerity and openness of our conversations. I met a lot of fantastic, beautiful, amazing women. I walked away from the entire experience feeling like a fabulous and interesting person!
“I loved each one of the activities involved in the week: the dancing in the milongas, the lessons with Alejandro, the tango shoe shopping. I also loved Buenos Aires. It was great to discuss relationship subjects with Sasha. While over the years I have reflected a lot about my experiences both in relationships and being single, Sasha works on those subjects as her life’s work. So discussing with her brought new insights and was very enriching.”
Snapshots from Past Tango Adventures
The Milongas You’ll Visit
Wanna go on an adventure?
- To join us, kindly enter your email address. We’ll send you a very short + sweet questionnaire, so we can get to know you better.
- After you complete this questionnaire, we’ll be in touch with you personally to talk via phone or Skype to make sure it’s a great fit.