Whatwill tango in Buenos Aires teach you?
What if I told you that you could:
- Grow your confidence
- Explore intimacy
- Reconnect with your sensuality + passion for life
- Learn about what creates a healthy connection in relationships and gain awareness about your own relationships patterns
- Improve your posture and learn to walk in a new, sexy way as a king or queen
And you could do all that while also having an amazing immersive vacation in the beautiful, intoxicating, otherworldly authentic Buenos Aires tango scene where all generations mix and shine?
You say, God, that sounds amazing but I don’t know how to tango.
Or, I have some dance (or tango) experience but I don’t know if I’m ready for the Buenos Aires milongas (where the tango addicts dance).
You don’t have to know how to tango. You don’t have to be perfect if you already dance tango. You can be any age. We’ve had women and men ranging in age from 28 to 67 join us.
Most people who come on my Tango Adventure are beginners. Some have been dancing as much as two or even ten years. That’s the beauty of this experience we have designed for you. Our teachers and guides meet you exactly where you are to give you the support you need to move out of your comfort zone, grow as a dancer (even if you never danced before) and discover what tango has to teach you.
My transformative tango team of teachers and guides and I will show you how. I give you the coaching you need to bring tango’s lessons for life home for you through words and they help you learn these lessons through your body.
We teach you how can use the metaphor of tango to grow in the ways that matter most for you. Your confidence, posture, relationships, sensuality, masculinity and femininity, trust, boundaries, and connection to yourself. All that good stuff and more–we’re going to explore all that through tango together.
SO . . .come away with me and my team, and discover yourself through tango in a 7-day tango holiday in Buenos Aires! We’re waiting for you! You might even have your first tangasm!
You can learn Argentine tango anywhere but to understand the dance you have to come to the source. Buenos Aires (and Uruguay) is where tango was born among immigrants in a collision of cultures over 100 years ago.
Buenos Aires is where you will find huge passion in people who go out to dance tango every night at hundreds of elegant to casual milongas. We’ll show you a diversity, from rock n roll to classical style and you’ll get to dress up or down as you please. This is definitely a chance to wear the dress or suit you don’t normally get a chance to wear, or you can come in jeans.
During this 7-day tango vacation in Buenos Aires, you will:
- Take life-changing lessons + workshops using tango as a mirror and a metaphor to teach you about yourself, relationships, sensuality, and confidence.
- Reconnect to your sensuality and your femininity and/or masculinity. Rediscover parts of you that you that have been lost or suppressed.
- Gain a safe space to explore boundaries, trust, vulnerability–all within the safe, melty container of tango
- Inhabit your body with new confidence + posture
- Practice holding eye contact (Holding eye contact is a basic flirting skill. You may find yourself flirting and meeting more people after the trip!)
- Learn what a tangasm is, how to have one, and quite possibly have one!
- Get our support to get on the dance floor–quickly!
In addition to all the personal growth, you’ll get an authentic deep dive into the Buenos Aires’ tango scene you could never find on your own without our careful curation and connections. You’ll also learn about the history, anthropology and culture of tango.
Have you taken the risks to experience the fullness of life?
You love the idea of exploring tango at the source–something spiritual and sexy at the same time. A yoga retreat is fine, but a Tango Adventure? Sign me up!
…you want an adventure that is safe, but also thrilling
…you want to become more confident
…you want to learn to let go, to take charge while taking care of your partner, to listen, to trust, to trust yourself
…you want to more pleasure in your life
…you are ready to meet fascinating people who are following their heart and living differently in Buenos Aires for off the tourist map
Travel, tango, Buenos Aires, transformation, reconnection to your sensuality, and tango shoes. . . what’s not to love?
You get an intimate view of Buenos Aires through the eyes of locals combined with the perfect introduction to tango in Buenos Aires.
You’ll get an insider’s view of Buenos Aires
You will get way off the tourist bus as you get to know the intoxicating tango places, people, dance, and music we curate for you in this authentic tango safari.You will live like a local quickly in the “Paris of the South” with our help as you discover a pulsing city of stylish people and extravagant architecture, wide boulevards and leafy parks, gastronomic delights, and of course, tango in the streets.
You’ll also have time to spend on your own. We give you time to wander, discover your own treasures, and nourish yourself with alone time to reflect and rest.
Watch these videos for a taste of your Tango Adventure to come.
What it includes
Your week will be a carefully designed custom experience created just for you day-by-day with a schedule we give you on Day 1 with tango insiders guiding you through the authentic tango scene on a journey of cultural discovery and self-discovery. We create the experience specifically for you and/or your group in mind.
We put a lot of love and care into making each week special and the week varies based on what’s going on in Buenos Aires but this list will give you an idea. You’ll be busy having intense learning and growing experiences and we also give you lots of downtime to rest, explore Buenos Aires, and journal.
- 4 1-hour private lessons with some of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires chosen for you + where you are in your journey
- 2 transformative coaching sessions with Sasha. You’ll be exploring your personal themes in tango through your body with your teachers and putting those things into words with Sasha. You can do both during the trip or save one for when you get home to bring the insights home.
- 1 psicotango workshop experience (some people call this workshop an immersion therapy experience that changed everything for them) with local psychoanalyststs
- 5 guided evening outings to milongas, the beautiful places where people dance tango in Buenos Aires. We’ll visit traditional, elegant milongas, and alternative milongas with live tango music where we teach you the anthropology and codes while we support you to dance. It’s not easy to break into a local dance scene whether you are a beginner or experienced and our guides make that much easier for you from the beginning.
- Two-hour taxi dancer (“dancer for hire”) evenings to help you make your debut onto the dance floor at a Buenos Aires milonga (you’re going to feel empowered). You wouldn’t want to travel all this way with no guarantee of dancing, would you?
- Tango shoe-shopping outing for practice shoes and elegant shoes to help you find the shoes to make your tango dreams come true
- Guided tour to San Telmo feria, one of Buenos Aires must-dos where you can find lots of artisanal treasures and lots of live music and dancing
- Three meals showing you different aspects of Argentine cuisine. Just let us know if you are vegan, vegetarian or celiac.
- Delicious 1-hour massage to soothe your dancing muscle
- Personal “concierge” support to connect you with things you want to do in Buenos Aires: yoga, a street art tour, a museum, tourist sites such as La Boca and to orient you so you can make the most of your time in a new city in South America in the most enjoyable way
- Orientation to the city, public transportation, and cabs plus a SUBE card you can use for public transport as desired
When + Price
For the rest of 2018, we are doing our Tango Adventures on a rolling admission basis.
That’s one Tango Adventure a month–which month should we reserve for you?
We send you a questionnaire before the trip and tailor the Adventure to your personal and tango goals and intentions. We’ll help you get clear on those if they are fuzzy, or maybe you know.
You can come on your own, with a friend, a partner, or with a family member.
- Tango Adventure Price: $2195
- Come with a friend, partner, or family member and get 10% off each.
- Nonrefundable deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Payment plans are available to make it easy for you to budget as long as the trip is paid in full by your arrival date. For example, if you book in November for a trip in April, we can then set up monthly payments of $339 for five months to pay in full before the trip.
- Limited spaces are available. Don’t wait to book to assure availability.
Why I created the Tango Adventure in Buenos Aires
I’m the author of the cult hit Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics and a life coach for smart, successful women (+ some quirky men) who don’t want to settle in any area of life.
My passion for tango brought me to Buenos Aires, the Paris of the South, where tango was born to live here in 2012 and since 2014 I’ve spent most of my time in Argentina working on a new book, coaching my clients via Skype and creating Tango Adventures for adventurous souls who join us.
I created a unique methodology using tango as a tool for transformation because tango brought me so much transformation and healing in my own life. I wanted more people to have this experience.
I believe in body-based learning. Simply put, intellectual knowledge alone has the shelf life of milk. When you learn things through your body they stick with you in a different way. Tango teaches about trust, intuition, listening, and listening to yourself. Tango can help with just about anything–whether it’s how to carry yourself with confidence, help you heal from trauma, reconnect with joy or not lose yourself in an intimate relationship.
I’m here to help you connect the dots on those powerful lessons for your own life–on the dance floor and off.
You will get two coaching sessions with me as part of your Adventure. You have the option to start a coaching relationship with me before the trip so that we can get to know each other more deeply and work more deeply on your goals and intentions–and bring them back home with you after the trip (so the adventure never ends).
Where you stay
Drawing on our insider knowledge from living in Buenos Aires, we make it easy for you for you to pick a place to stay. We recommend a fantastic boutique hotel in Palermo Soho with a great ambiance in a very chic and convenient, walkable neighborhood full of delights and close to all things tango.
We let you choose your room and pay directly so you can get exactly what you want.
The price at Hotel Costa Rica ranges from $40 to $75 a night depending on room size, time of year, and availability for the week you chose to come.
Add a Tango Goddess photo shoot
You can add a Tango Goddess Photo Shoot to your adventure if you like with an award-winning photographer. We can also provide styling and coaching assistance for the shoot along with recommendations on where to get a new tango goddess outfit.
What Past Adventurers Say
“The trip to Buenos Aires was lovely, and in many ways, the perfect tango adventure. The itinerary created by Sasha is carefully planned, and considerate of a traveler’s need for downtime. She makes it exciting and she is there with you every step of the way. Her assistant Colleen was a dear and a treat herself, as was the rest of the cast of characters involved. I cannot tell you how much the little things I learned during the trip have impacted my everyday life. Alejandro’s lessons had a huge impact on me and have stayed with me.”
“I started at zero and now I can get out there on the dance floor and people are saying it looks like tango! I’ve had an amazing time and if you are thinking about coming definitely you should. The music is so passionate, and soulful, it’s undescribable seeing the live tango bands. Sasha has been very impressive on exploration of your own self and journey, how can use the experiences here to gain insights back in the real world. It’s been very insightful. Let go, learn and take it all in.”
“I would do the Tango Adventure again in a heartbeat! It was the perfect balance between activities and time to explore alone. I enjoyed the dinners, lectures, evenings, and meeting Sasha’s friends. The true joy I saw in Buenos Aires was from people living very large lives. I appreciated the level of intimacy required from tango, the balance between owning yourself and yielding to your partner. I realized there are vital people dancing and living, no matter their age.”
“I learned about relaxing, relaxing my body, relaxing my thoughts, just being able to go with the flow of what’s happening. If you want to have a full-body-mind-and-soul experience that fills your five senses and even your sixth sense because you have to sense things happening around you come on this Tango Adventure.”
New York, New York
“Discovering tango has given me a new outlet that supports my need for touch – whether in a relationship or not. I’m much stronger in my values–I ask for what I want and I don’t settle anymore.Being in a different place really has a huge power with Sasha’s guidance. Tango has given me so many things –and I have Sasha to thank! That sense of myself, my power, my sensuality, and a greater feeling of owning my space in this big old world.”
“II appreciated the sincerity and openness of our conversations. I met a lot of fantastic, beautiful, amazing women. I walked away from the entire experience feeling like a fabulous and interesting person!
“I loved each one of the activities involved in the week: the dancing in the milongas, the lessons with Alejandro, the tango shoe shopping. I also loved Buenos Aires. It was great to discuss relationship subjects with Sasha. While over the years I have reflected a lot about my experiences both in relationships and being single, Sasha works on those subjects as her life’s work. So discussing with her brought new insights and was very enriching.”
Wanna go on an adventure?
- To join us, kindly enter your email address.We’ll send you a very short + sweet questionnaire, so we can get to know you better.
- After you complete this questionnaire, we’ll be in touch with you personally to talk via phone or Skype to make sure it’s a great fit.