Awaken the tango in you in Buenos Aires
What if I told you that you could learn to:
- surrender and let go
- explore boundaries, intimacy and feminine energy
- be more physical and less mental
- grow your confidence as a woman
- reconnect to your sensuality
. . . all through a 7-Day Tango Adventure in Buenos Aires?
You say, God, that sounds amazing but I don’t know how to tango.
You don’t have to know how to tango.
Most people who come on my Tango Adventure are beginners or have only been dancing from a few months to two years. That’s the beauty of this experiential tango safari we have designed for you.
My transformative tango team and I will show you how.
Have you taken the risks to experience the fullness of life?
You are at a plateau right now and want something to challenge you, a new adventure to take you outside of your comfort zone.
You love the idea of exploring tango at the source–something spiritual and sexy at the same time.
…you want an adventure that is safe, but also thrilling
…you want to become more confident
…you want to learn to let go, to trust, to trust yourself
…you want to more pleasure in your life
…you are ready to meet like-minded women of all ages who also want to say yes to life!
Oh the experiences you will have
Since 2014, I’ve been teaching women the magic of tango in Buenos Aires. The dance. The culture.
I have created a unique methodology using tango as a tool for transformation. Our Tango Adventure will help you reconnect to your sensuality, find your power as a woman, and gain awareness about healthy relationships. . . through your body.
What you learn will be personal to you . . .no matter what, you are going to have “juicy” (maybe even wet!) experiences.
During this 7-day tango holiday in Buenos Aires, you will:
- Take life-changing lessons + workshops using tango as a mirror and a metaphor to teach you about yourself, relationships, sensuality, and confidence.
- Reconnect to your sensuality and your femininity. Rediscover parts of you that you that have been lost or suppressed because you always feel you have to be in your “masculine,” have been single for a long time, or have lost touch with your sensual side. This includes everything from how you dress to how you move to letting go.
- Gain a safe space to explore boundaries, trust, vulnerability–all within the safe, melty container of tango
- Inhabit your body with new confidence
- Practice holding eye contact (Holding eye contact is a basic flirting skill. You may find yourself flirting and meeting more people after the trip!)
- Learn what a tangasm is, how to have one, and quite possibly have one!
- Get our support to get on the dance floor–quickly!
You’ll get an insider’s view of Buenos Aires
You will get way off the tourist bus as you get to know the intoxicating tango places, people, dance, and music we curate for you in this authentic tango safari.
You will live like a local quickly in the “Paris of the South” with our help as you discover a pulsing city of stylish people and extravagant architecture, wide boulevards and leafy parks, gastronomic delights, and of course, tango in the streets.
You get to travel alone-but-with-others, to share the experience with like-minded people, while you get a guided deep dive into Argentinean culture and all that is tango.
You’ll get to meet other adventurous women and all the cool locals who are part of the team.
You’ll also have time to spend on your own. We give you time to wander, discover your own treasures, and nourish yourself with alone time and rest.
What it includes
- 3 Group Dinners, two at local favorite restaurants (Welcome Dinner + Goodbye Feast) and a Gluten-Free Empanada + Malbec Night at Sasha’s home
- 2 intimate workshops led by Sasha on The Essence of Tango and the Confident Tango Goddess. You’ll also learn the history of tango.
- 3 1-hour private lessons with one of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires Alejandro Puerta. (You will love the lessons–one woman called her lessons a little “slice of heaven”)
- 1 psicotango workshop experience (some people call this workshop an immersion therapy experience that changed everything for them) with local psychoanalyststs
- 4 guided outings to milongas, the beautiful places where people dance tango in Buenos Aires. We’ll visit traditional, elegant milongas, and alternative milongas with live tango music where we teach you the anthropology and codes while we support you to dance.
- Two-hour taxi dancer (“dancer for hire”) to help you make your debut onto the dance floor at a Buenos Aires milonga (you’re going to feel empowered). You wouldn’t want to travel all this way with no guarantee of dancing, would you?
- Tango shoe-shopping outing for practice shoes and elegant shoes to help you find the shoes to make your tango dreams come true
- Delicious 1-hour massage to soothe your dancing muscles
- Personal “concierge” help from Colleen to connect you with things you want to do in Buenos Aires: yoga, a street art tour, a museum, tourist sites such as La Boca
- Orientation to the city, public transportation, and cabs plus a SUBE card you can use for public transport as desired
- 1-hour Integration coaching session via Skype with Sasha after you go back home to talk about what was most resonant to you from your tango learning and dancing experience . . .and how to keep that tango spirit alive in your life at home, whether you have access to regular tango or not. This could be anything from learning to be in the moment and improvise at work to applying the insights you get about connection and relationships to your relationships at home.
Where you stay
There are plenty of great restaurants and cafes in Palermo, including options for the vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free folks. We give you a list of local fave restaurants to try in your free time.
Watch this invite
What Past Adventurers Say
“The trip to Buenos Aires was lovely, and in many ways, the perfect tango adventure. The itinerary created by Sasha is carefully planned, and considerate of a traveler’s need for downtime. She makes it exciting and she is there with you every step of the way. Her assistant Colleen was a dear and a treat herself, as was the rest of the cast of characters involved. I cannot tell you how much the little things I learned during the trip have impacted my everyday life. Alejandro’s lessons had a huge impact on me and have stayed with me.”
“I started at zero and now I can get out there on the dance floor and people are saying it looks like tango! I’ve had an amazing time and if you are thinking about coming definitely you should. The music is so passionate, and soulful, it’s undescribable seeing the live tango bands. Sasha has been very impressive on exploration of your own self and journey, how can use the experiences here to gain insights back in the real world. It’s been very insightful. Let go, learn and take it all in.”
“I would do the Tango Adventure again in a heartbeat! It was the perfect balance between activities and time to explore alone. I enjoyed the dinners, lectures, evenings, and meeting Sasha’s friends. The true joy I saw in Buenos Aires was from people living very large lives. I appreciated the level of intimacy required from tango, the balance between owning yourself and yielding to your partner. I realized there are vital people dancing and living, no matter their age.”
“I learned about relaxing, relaxing my body, relaxing my thoughts, just being able to go with the flow of what’s happening. If you want to have a full-body-mind-and-soul experience that fills your five senses and even your sixth sense because you have to sense things happening around you come on this Tango Adventure.”
New York, New York
“Discovering tango has given me a new outlet that supports my need for touch – whether in a relationship or not. I’m much stronger in my values–I ask for what I want and I don’t settle anymore.Being in a different place really has a huge power with Sasha’s guidance. Tango has given me so many things –and I have Sasha to thank! That sense of myself, my power, my sensuality, and a greater feeling of owning my space in this big old world.”
“II appreciated the sincerity and openness of our conversations. I met a lot of fantastic, beautiful, amazing women. I walked away from the entire experience feeling like a fabulous and interesting person!
“I loved each one of the activities involved in the week: the dancing in the milongas, the lessons with Alejandro, the tango shoe shopping. I also loved Buenos Aires. It was great to discuss relationship subjects with Sasha. While over the years I have reflected a lot about my experiences both in relationships and being single, Sasha works on those subjects as her life’s work. So discussing with her brought new insights and was very enriching.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be too old (or young)?
Do I need to have a partner?
Will I master tango in a week?
What is psicotango?
I'm a vegan. Or gluten-free. Will I be OK?
What if I never danced tango?
The Tango Adventure Team
Creator + Transformative GuideI created this Tango Adventure to teach you the big lessons I’ve gotten in 6 years of my transformative tango learning in just 7 days. As a memoirist and life coach, I am passionate about using tango as a tool for transformation and helping women own their worth. Every woman who comes on the Tango Adventure is unique, and I love getting to know each one of you.A little more about me. Born + raised in Rhode Island. Spent most of my adult years in the Bay Area. Now camped out in Buenos Aires where I teach you tango, write the second draft of Wet, and work with my clients worldwide via Skype. I discovered tango in Colombia. Ask me about that when you come!
Tango Adventure AssistantI am a contemporary dancer and choreographer from Connecticut but now call Buenos Aires home. As an undergrad at Bates College I studied Dance and Anthropology which eventually led me to discover tango in Buenos Aires and pursue a thesis project on the rich culture inhabiting the dance. What I love most about tango is its social context, full of people of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds dancing together and learning from each other.During the Tango Adventure I will assist you in making the most of your time in Buenos Aires: visiting tourist sites, finding neighborhood cafes, getting in some shopping, or just being an ear to listen. . . whatever you need!
Alejandro Raul Puerta
Tango TeacherI am a molecular biologist who gave up a science career in Japan to return home and teach tango, my passion. I will help you learn to connect with yourself, with the music, with your partner, and with the couples around you, while at the same time asserting your own personality in the dance. Whether you’re a beginner or an accomplished dancer, there is always more to discover in tango. And in yourself, through tango.
Dates + Price
We draw on insider connections and all our detail-oriented attention and care to pack in a week full of incredibly authentic, amazing experiences you won’t find on any other tour for this magical week. We add the coaching and support to make this experience truly transformative in a life-changing (good) way.
$2195 for one person
Come with a friend, family member or partner and get a discount of 10% off for each person ($1975 each without hotel)
Nonrefundable deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
Payment plans are available to make it easy for you to budget as long as the trip is paid in full by your arrival date.
We’ll set up a payment plan that works for you when we talk.
Wanna go on an adventure?
After you complete this form, we’ll be in touch with you personally to talk via phone or Skype to make sure it’s a great fit.