The Tango AdventureAwaken the tango in you in a 7-day tango vacation with like-minded women in Buenos Aires. . . Get Details
Discover yourself through tango in Buenos Aires
Travel, tango, Buenos Aires, transformation, reconnection to your sensuality, and tango shoes. . . what’s not to love? All this can be yours whether you already dance tango or not.
What if I told you that through tango you could learn to:
- Grow your confidence in tangible, life-changing ways
- Get out of your head + into your body
- Reconnect with your sensuality + have a first tangasm 😉
- Surrender and let go while you explore healthy boundaries and connection to yourself
- Have a ton of fun while discovering Buenos Aires’ authentic culture in a 7-day Tango Vacation in Buenos AIres?
You say, God, that sounds amazing but I don’t know how to tango.
You don’t have to know how.
Most people who come on our tango vacation in Buenos Aires are beginners or have only been dancing from a few months to two years. That’s the beauty of the transformative tango holiday we have designed for you.
My tango team and I will show you how.
Have you taken the risks to experience the fullness of life?
You are at a plateau right now and want something to challenge you, a new adventure to take you outside of your comfort zone.
You love the idea of exploring tango at the source–something spiritual and sexy at the same time.
…you want an adventure that is safe, but also thrilling
…you want to become more confident
…you want to learn to let go, to trust, to trust yourself
…you want to more pleasure in your life
…you are ready to meet like-minded women of all ages who also want to say yes to life on a 7-day tango vacation in Buenos AIres!
Our next group Tango Adventure is October 28-November 3 in Buenos Aires.
We also do private Tango Adventures if those dates don’t work for you, depending on availability.
It’s more than a stamp on your passport. It’s life-changing learning.
My name is Sasha Cagen. I’m the author of the cult hit Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics and a life coach for smart, successful women.
I’m in love with tango and I now live in Buenos Aires, the Paris of the South.
Since 2014, I’ve been teaching women the magic of tango in Buenos Aires through this 7-day tango holiday. When you learn tango with me and my team, you learn the dance, the culture, the music–and how tango can inspire you as a metaphor for life and relationships. And a mirror for your own growth.
I have created a unique methodology using tango as a tool for transformation. Our Tango Adventure will help you reconnect to your sensuality, find your power as a woman, and gain awareness about healthy relationships. . . through your body.
What you learn will be personal to you . . .
During this 7-day tango vacation in Buenos Aires, you will:
- Take life-changing lessons + workshops using tango as a mirror and a metaphor to teach you about yourself, relationships, sensuality, and confidence.
- Reconnect to your sensuality and your femininity. Rediscover parts of you that you that have been lost or suppressed.
- Gain a safe space to explore boundaries, trust, vulnerability–all within the safe, melty container of tango
- Inhabit your body with new confidence
- Practice holding eye contact (Holding eye contact is a basic flirting skill. You may find yourself flirting and meeting more people after the trip!)
- Learn what a tangasm is, how to have one, and quite possibly have one!
- Get our support to get on the dance floor–quickly!
You’ll get an insider’s view of Buenos Aires
You will get way off the tourist bus as you get to know the intoxicating tango places, people, dance, and music we curate for you in this authentic tango safari.
You will live like a local quickly in the “Paris of the South” with our help as you discover a pulsing city of stylish people and extravagant architecture, wide boulevards and leafy parks, gastronomic delights, and of course, tango in the streets.
You get to travel alone-but-with-others, to share the experience with like-minded people, while you get a guided deep dive into Argentinean culture and all that is tango.
You’ll get to meet other adventurous women and all the cool locals who are part of the team.
You’ll also have time to spend on your own. We give you time to wander, discover your own treasures, and nourish yourself with alone time and rest.
What it includes
- 3 Group Dinners, two at local favorite restaurants (Welcome Dinner + Goodbye Feast) and a Gluten-Free Empanada + Malbec Night at Sasha’s home
- 2 intimate workshops led by Sasha on The Essence of Tango and the Confident Tango Goddess. You’ll also learn the history of tango.
- 3 1-hour private lessons with one of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires Alejandro Puerta. (You will love the lessons–one woman called her lessons a little “slice of heaven”)
- 1 psicotango workshop experience (some people call this workshop an immersion therapy experience that changed everything for them) with local psychoanalyststs
- 4 guided outings to milongas, the beautiful places where people dance tango in Buenos Aires. We’ll visit traditional, elegant milongas, and alternative milongas with live tango music where we teach you the anthropology and codes while we support you to dance.
- Two-hour taxi dancer (“dancer for hire”) to help you make your debut onto the dance floor at a Buenos Aires milonga (you’re going to feel empowered). You wouldn’t want to travel all this way with no guarantee of dancing, would you?
- Tango shoe-shopping outing for practice shoes and elegant shoes to help you find the shoes to make your tango dreams come true
- Delicious 1-hour massage to soothe your dancing muscles
- Personal “concierge” help from Colleen to connect you with things you want to do in Buenos Aires: yoga, a street art tour, a museum, tourist sites such as La Boca
- Orientation to the city, public transportation, and cabs plus a SUBE card you can use for public transport as desired
- 1-hour Integration coaching session via Skype with Sasha after you go back home to talk about what was most resonant to you from your tango learning and dancing experience . . .and how to keep that tango spirit alive in your life at home, whether you have access to regular tango or not. This could be anything from learning to be in the moment and improvise at work to applying the insights you get about connection and relationships to your relationships at home.
Where you stay
- We let you choose your room and pay directly so you can get exactly what you want.
- The price at Hotel Costa Rica ranges from $40 to $75 a night depending on room size, time of year, and availability for the week you chose to come.
- Staying at Hotel Costa Rica allows you to connect with the others on the adventure for breakfast and other meals and to share cabs and get to know each other. If you stay longer you can stay there the whole time or book an airbnb for the other time.
- There are plenty of great restaurants and cafes in Palermo, including options for the vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free folks. We give you a list of local fave restaurants to try in your free time.
What Past Adventurers Say
“The trip to Buenos Aires was lovely, and in many ways, the perfect tango adventure. The itinerary created by Sasha is carefully planned, and considerate of a traveler’s need for downtime. She makes it exciting and she is there with you every step of the way. Her assistant Colleen was a dear and a treat herself, as was the rest of the cast of characters involved. I cannot tell you how much the little things I learned during the trip have impacted my everyday life. Alejandro’s lessons had a huge impact on me and have stayed with me.”
“I started at zero and now I can get out there on the dance floor and people are saying it looks like tango! I’ve had an amazing time and if you are thinking about coming definitely you should. The music is so passionate, and soulful, it’s undescribable seeing the live tango bands. Sasha has been very impressive on exploration of your own self and journey, how can use the experiences here to gain insights back in the real world. It’s been very insightful. Let go, learn and take it all in.”
“I would do the Tango Adventure again in a heartbeat! It was the perfect balance between activities and time to explore alone. I enjoyed the dinners, lectures, evenings, and meeting Sasha’s friends. The true joy I saw in Buenos Aires was from people living very large lives. I appreciated the level of intimacy required from tango, the balance between owning yourself and yielding to your partner. I realized there are vital people dancing and living, no matter their age.”
“I learned about relaxing, relaxing my body, relaxing my thoughts, just being able to go with the flow of what’s happening. If you want to have a full-body-mind-and-soul experience that fills your five senses and even your sixth sense because you have to sense things happening around you come on this Tango Adventure.”
New York, New York
“Discovering tango has given me a new outlet that supports my need for touch – whether in a relationship or not. I’m much stronger in my values–I ask for what I want and I don’t settle anymore.Being in a different place really has a huge power with Sasha’s guidance. Tango has given me so many things –and I have Sasha to thank! That sense of myself, my power, my sensuality, and a greater feeling of owning my space in this big old world.”
“II appreciated the sincerity and openness of our conversations. I met a lot of fantastic, beautiful, amazing women. I walked away from the entire experience feeling like a fabulous and interesting person!
“I loved each one of the activities involved in the week: the dancing in the milongas, the lessons with Alejandro, the tango shoe shopping. I also loved Buenos Aires. It was great to discuss relationship subjects with Sasha. While over the years I have reflected a lot about my experiences both in relationships and being single, Sasha works on those subjects as her life’s work. So discussing with her brought new insights and was very enriching.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be too old (or young)?
Do I need to have a partner?
Will I master tango in a week?
What is psicotango?
I'm a vegan. Or gluten-free. Will I be OK?
What if I never danced tango?
The Tango Adventure Team
Creator + Transformative GuideBorn + raised in Rhode Island. I spent most of my adult years in the Bay Area. Now I live in Buenos Aires where I teach tango, work on my third book, a memoir called Wet, and work with my life coaching clients worldwide via Skype. I discovered tango during my “life churn”–a year of solo travel, and I discovered tango in Colombia. Ask me about that when you come!I created this Tango Adventure because tango changed my life. I know it can do the same for you. Even if you only learn tango with us for 7 days.As a memoirist and life coach, I am passionate about using tango as a tool for transformation and helping women own their worth. Every woman who comes on the Tango Adventure is unique, and I love getting to know each one of you.
Tango Adventure AssistantI am a contemporary dancer and choreographer from Connecticut but now call Buenos Aires home. As an undergrad at Bates College I studied Dance and Anthropology which eventually led me to discover tango in Buenos Aires and pursue a thesis project on the rich culture inhabiting the dance.What I love most about tango is its social context, full of people of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds dancing together and learning from each other.During the Tango Adventure I will assist you in making the most of your time in Buenos Aires: visiting tourist sites, finding neighborhood cafes, getting in some shopping, or just being an ear to listen. . . whatever you need!
Alejandro Raul Puerta
Tango TeacherI am a molecular biologist who gave up a science career in Japan to return home and teach tango, my passion.I will help you learn to connect with yourself, with the music, with your partner, and with the couples around you, while at the same time asserting your own personality in the dance.Whether you’re a beginner or an accomplished dancer, there is always more to discover in tango. And in yourself, through tango.
Dates + Price
- Group Adventure Price: $2195
- Early bird price for the April 2018 adventure: $1995 (must sign up by November 1!)
- Nonrefundable deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Payment plans are available to make it easy for you to budget as long as the trip is paid in full by your arrival date. For example, if you book in November for a trip in April, we can then set up monthly payments of $339 for five months to pay in full before the trip.
- Limited spaces are available for group adventures! This is always an intimate group of amazing women. Don’t wait to book to assure availability.
Custom Tango Adventure: Available ongoing. Contact us and we schedule based on availability.
- Private 7-Day Adventure Price: $2495
- Come with a friend, family member or partner on a Private Tango Adventure and get 10% off on a Private Tango Adventure each. Come with a group of 3 or more and get 15% off the individual price each.
Wanna go on an adventure?
- We keep each group cozy + intimate (5 to 8 max) — just you, me and a small group of new friends.
- To join us, kindly enter your email address.We’ll send you a very short + sweet questionnaire, so we can get to know you better.
- After you complete this questionnaire, we’ll be in touch with you personally to talk via phone or Skype to make sure it’s a great fit.