The Tango AdventureAwaken the tango in you in a 7-day tango vacation with like-minded women in Buenos Aires. . . Get Details
Discover yourself through tango in Buenos Aires
What if I told you that through tango you could learn to:
- Grow your confidence in tangible, life-changing ways
- Get out of your head + into your body
- Reconnect with your sensuality + have a first tangasm 😉
- Surrender and let go while you explore healthy boundaries and connection to yourself
- Have a ton of fun while discovering Buenos Aires’ authentic culture in a 7-day Tango Vacation in Buenos AIres?
You say, God, that sounds amazing but I don’t know how to tango.
You don’t have to know how. My team and I will teach you using the transformative tango methodology I have created so you are not only learning tango–you’re learning tango for life.
This is a tango vacation in Buenos Aires, but it’s way more than that. When you study tango with us, you’ll learn the secrets of how tango can help you to reconnect to your spark, your sensuality and your confidence.
Have you taken the risks to experience the fullness of life?
You love the idea of exploring tango at the source–something spiritual and sexy at the same time.
…you want an adventure that is safe, but also thrilling
…you want to become more confident
…you want to learn to let go, to trust, to trust yourself
…you want to more pleasure in your life
…you are ready to meet like-minded women of all ages who also want to say yes to life on a 7-day tango vacation in Buenos AIres!
Travel, tango, Buenos Aires, transformation, reconnection to your sensuality, and tango shoes. . . what’s not to love?
You get an intimate view of Buenos Aires through the eyes of locals combined with the perfect introduction to tango in Buenos Aires.
You will meet great characters in an intensive week of personal growth and cultural immersion with the ease of our team creating your daily itinerary and supporting you to rediscover yourself through dance.
Our next group Tango Adventure is April 21-27, 2018 in Buenos Aires.
We also do custom Tango Adventures for individuals, couples, mother-daughter pairs, friends, and groups.
Watch these videos for a taste of your Tango Adventure to come + the supportive vibe we create.
It’s more than a stamp on your passport. It’s life-changing learning.
My name is Sasha Cagen. I’m the author of the cult hit Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics and a life coach for smart, successful women.
I’m in love with tango and I now live in Buenos Aires, the Paris of the South.
Since 2014, I’ve been teaching women the magic of tango in Buenos Aires through this 7-day tango holiday. When you learn tango with me and my team, you learn the dance, the culture, the music–and how tango can inspire you as a metaphor for life and relationships. And a mirror for your own growth.
I have created a unique methodology using tango as a tool for transformation.
What you learn will be personal to you . . .
During this 7-day tango vacation in Buenos Aires, you will:
- Take life-changing lessons + workshops using tango as a mirror and a metaphor to teach you about yourself, relationships, sensuality, and confidence.
- Reconnect to your sensuality and your femininity. Rediscover parts of you that you that have been lost or suppressed.
- Gain a safe space to explore boundaries, trust, vulnerability–all within the safe, melty container of tango
- Inhabit your body with new confidence
- Practice holding eye contact (Holding eye contact is a basic flirting skill. You may find yourself flirting and meeting more people after the trip!)
- Learn what a tangasm is, how to have one, and quite possibly have one!
- Get our support to get on the dance floor–quickly!
You’ll get an insider’s view of Buenos Aires
You get to travel alone-but-with-others, to share the experience with like-minded people, while you get a guided deep dive into Argentinean culture and all that is tango.
You’ll get to meet other adventurous women and all the cool locals who are part of the team.
You’ll also have time to spend on your own. We give you time to wander, discover your own treasures, and nourish yourself with alone time and rest.
What it includes
The Tango Adventure is a designed experience. You get to let go and go along for the ride because we do the curation + planning to create this immersive transformative experience for you. On Day 1 at your orientation you get a schedule guiding you through the tango scene on a journey of cultural learning and self-discovery, full of surprises and characters to meet!What’s included:
- 3 Group Dinners, two at local favorite restaurants (Welcome Dinner + Goodbye Feast)
- 2 intimate workshops led on The Essence of Tango and the Confident Tango Goddess. You’ll also learn the history of tango and learn about tango and trust, the tangasm, intimacy, vulnerability, sensuality, confidence, leading and following.
- 3 1-hour private lessons with one of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires Alejandro Puerta. (You will love the lessons–one woman called her lessons a little “slice of heaven”) (you can add more if you like)
- 1 psicotango workshop experience (some people call this workshop an immersion therapy experience that changed everything for them) with local psychoanalyststs
- 5 guided evening outings to milongas, the beautiful places where people dance tango in Buenos Aires. We’ll visit traditional, elegant milongas, and alternative milongas with live tango music where we teach you the anthropology and codes while we support you to dance.
- 2 Two-hour taxi dancer (“dancer for hire”) evenings to help you make your debut onto the dance floor at a Buenos Aires milonga (you’re going to feel empowered). You wouldn’t want to travel all this way with no guarantee of dancing, would you?
- Tango shoe-shopping outing for practice shoes and elegant shoes to help you find the shoes to make your tango dreams come true
- Delicious 1-hour massage to soothe your dancing muscles
- Personal “concierge” help to connect you with things you want to do in Buenos Aires: yoga, a street art tour, a museum, tourist sites such as La Boca and to orient you so you can make the most of your time in a new city in South America in the most enjoyable way
- Orientation to the city, public transportation, and cabs plus a SUBE card you can use for public transport as desired
Where you stay
- We let you choose your room and pay directly so you can get exactly what you want.
- The price at Hotel Costa Rica ranges from $40 to $75 a night depending on room size, time of year, and availability for the week you chose to come.
- Staying at Hotel Costa Rica allows you to connect with the others on the adventure for breakfast and other meals and to share cabs and get to know each other. If you stay longer you can stay there the whole time or book an airbnb for the other time.
- There are plenty of great restaurants and cafes in Palermo, including options for the vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free folks. We give you a list of local fave restaurants to try in your free time.
What Past Adventurers Say
“The trip to Buenos Aires was lovely, and in many ways, the perfect tango adventure. The itinerary created by Sasha is carefully planned, and considerate of a traveler’s need for downtime. She makes it exciting and she is there with you every step of the way. Her assistant Colleen was a dear and a treat herself, as was the rest of the cast of characters involved. I cannot tell you how much the little things I learned during the trip have impacted my everyday life. Alejandro’s lessons had a huge impact on me and have stayed with me.”
“I started at zero and now I can get out there on the dance floor and people are saying it looks like tango! I’ve had an amazing time and if you are thinking about coming definitely you should. The music is so passionate, and soulful, it’s undescribable seeing the live tango bands. Sasha has been very impressive on exploration of your own self and journey, how can use the experiences here to gain insights back in the real world. It’s been very insightful. Let go, learn and take it all in.”
“I would do the Tango Adventure again in a heartbeat! It was the perfect balance between activities and time to explore alone. I enjoyed the dinners, lectures, evenings, and meeting Sasha’s friends. The true joy I saw in Buenos Aires was from people living very large lives. I appreciated the level of intimacy required from tango, the balance between owning yourself and yielding to your partner. I realized there are vital people dancing and living, no matter their age.”
“I learned about relaxing, relaxing my body, relaxing my thoughts, just being able to go with the flow of what’s happening. If you want to have a full-body-mind-and-soul experience that fills your five senses and even your sixth sense because you have to sense things happening around you come on this Tango Adventure.”
New York, New York
“Discovering tango has given me a new outlet that supports my need for touch – whether in a relationship or not. I’m much stronger in my values–I ask for what I want and I don’t settle anymore.Being in a different place really has a huge power with Sasha’s guidance. Tango has given me so many things –and I have Sasha to thank! That sense of myself, my power, my sensuality, and a greater feeling of owning my space in this big old world.”
“II appreciated the sincerity and openness of our conversations. I met a lot of fantastic, beautiful, amazing women. I walked away from the entire experience feeling like a fabulous and interesting person!
“I loved each one of the activities involved in the week: the dancing in the milongas, the lessons with Alejandro, the tango shoe shopping. I also loved Buenos Aires. It was great to discuss relationship subjects with Sasha. While over the years I have reflected a lot about my experiences both in relationships and being single, Sasha works on those subjects as her life’s work. So discussing with her brought new insights and was very enriching.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be too old (or young)?
Do I need to have a partner?
Will I master tango in a week?
What is psicotango?
I'm a vegan. Or gluten-free. Will I be OK?
What if I never danced tango?
The Tango Adventure Team
The Tango Adventure is a transformative travel experience, so our team provides a a safe, facilitating container and foundation for the whole experience.
Chief Curator + Coach for those who choose Tango + Transformation
I’m a writer, a life coach, and the founder of the Tango Adventure. Tango changed my life and I know it can change yours too. I’m most well-known for my first book Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics and I’m currently at work on a memoir.
I was born in Rhode Island, went to college in New York City, and moved to San Francisco for many years until I got burned out in Silicon Valley and left to explore a different life in South America. I’ve been living in Buenos Aires off and on since 2012 and I created this experience for you based on the magic I have found in Buenos Aires tango.
In the Tango Adventure, I make sure you are having amazing experiences by creating the schedule and the team. For those who work directly with me as a coach, I help you to connect the dots on what tango is revealing for you in your life. Tango is a very powerful tool for awareness, and I love to help you uncover what tango can teach you for your life for your confidence, relationships, and sensuality.
Tango Goddess Photographer + VideographerI’m Tan, a photographer, videographer, and director of photography for cinema projects from Istanbul. I moved to Buenos Aires when I was invited to document the making of a movie in Buenos Aires, and I stayed. If you choose to do a Tango Goddess photography sessnionin the streets of Buenos Aires and/or at the milongas, or a video of you dancing, I’ll be your photographer/videographer capturing you at your best. I made the video “Tango Big Night Out” with Sasha, so if you watch that video on this page you can get a sense of my visual eye!
Tango Adventure AssistantI am a contemporary dancer and choreographer from Connecticut but now call Buenos Aires home. As an undergrad at Bates College I studied Dance and Anthropology which eventually led me to discover tango in Buenos Aires and pursue a thesis project on the rich culture inhabiting the dance. What I love most about tango is its social context, full of people of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds dancing together and learning from each other. I coordinate our group and custom adventures, and during the Tango Adventure I will assist you in making the most of your time in Buenos Aires: visiting tourist sites, finding neighborhood cafes, getting in some shopping, or just being an ear to listen. . . whatever you need!
Companion to your evolution on the dance floorRoberto is one of our many wonderful and carefully chosen taxi dancers. As you can see he has a fantastic personality and will put you very at ease in his warm embrace on the dance floor.
Tango TeacherI am a molecular biologist who gave up a science career in Japan to return home and teach tango, my passion.I will help you learn to connect with yourself, with the music, with your partner, and with the couples around you, while at the same time asserting your own personality in the dance.Whether you’re a beginner or an accomplished dancer, there is always more to discover in tango. And in yourself, through tango.
Milonga GuideI’m Joe, a writer, translator, teacher and traveller from Manchester, England. I worked in journalism in the UK for several years after university writing for the Guardian and the Glossop Chronicle before deciding I needed to see the sun and moving to the south of Spain. After three years teaching in Seville, a transfer opportunity in 2011 brought me to Buenos Aires, where I expected to stay for a year. It’s hard to say which I fell in love with most – the immense city, its people or its most famous dance, but together these things have kept me here longer than I could have imagined. Tango has become an ongoing process of discovery with frustrations and delights along the way and a major passion that’s led me do my fair share of research into the history, orchestras, and myths and legends around the dance. I love sharing this knowledge and experience with the guests on our adventures, but most of all I love seeing our guests find things for themselves. There are things that can be taught in tango, and there are things that have be discovered, which is something I love seeing our guests explore when I accompany them on and off the dancefloor.
Dates + Price
- Group Adventure Price: $2195
- Nonrefundable deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Payment plans are available to make it easy for you to budget as long as the trip is paid in full by your arrival date. For example, if you book in November for a trip in April, we can then set up monthly payments of $339 for five months to pay in full before the trip.
- Limited spaces are available for group adventures! This is always an intimate group of amazing women. Don’t wait to book to assure availability.
Custom Tango Adventure: Available ongoing. Contact us and we schedule based on availability.
Wanna go on an adventure?
- We keep each group cozy + intimate (5 to 8 max) — just you, me and a small group of new friends.
- To join us, kindly enter your email address.We’ll send you a very short + sweet questionnaire, so we can get to know you better.
- After you complete this questionnaire, we’ll be in touch with you personally to talk via phone or Skype to make sure it’s a great fit.