Meet me in Buenos Aires for a life-changing adventure that will teach you tango–and how to use the metaphor of tango to live your life with pleasure + confidence.
Want to go on an adventure?
My name is Sasha Cagen. I’m the author of the cult hit Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics, a life coach for women who want to live turned-on lives, and a tango teacher. I fell in love with tango in 2010 when I was traveling solo in South America and I now live in Buenos Aires, the Paris of the South.
Since 2014, I’ve been teaching women the magic of tango in Buenos Aires.
I’ve lived for almost three years in Buenos Aires. I created this adventure to show you my Buenos Aires: the intoxicating places, people, dance, and music.
Our 7-Day Tango Adventure will teach you tango, and what the metaphor of tango can teach you about yourself, relationships, and sensuality.
You will get an insider’s view of the magic of tango in Buenos Aires.
We’re not just sending you to private lessons, we are immersing you into the authentic tango lifestyle, helping you to discover the heart, soul, and passion of tango and how you can apply tango lessons to your life: in dating and relationships, your relationship with yourself, and even your career.
You’ll also discover Buenos Aires, a pulsing city of stylish people and extravagant architecture, wide boulevards and leafy parks, gastronomic delights, and of course, tango in the streets.
We give you lots of time for your own personal wandering and exploration. . . along with the perfect amount of activities to bond us in this exploration of tango and tango’s lessons for life and relationships.
You’ll get to work with me and a team of amazing teachers from Buenos Aires, as we teach you how to create a passionate, turned-on life and better relationships. . . through tango
You’ll learn to dance with your body and your heart, even if you have never danced tango or any partner dance before.
Through this experiential course adventure, you will:
- Become more confident in tangible, life-changing ways you can draw on back home
- Get out of your head + into your body
- Reconnect with pleasure + have a first tangasm 😉
- Get in touch with your voice while you connect with a partner
- Learn to let go as a follower or take charge as a leader
- Have a ton of fun while discovering Buenos Aires’ authentic tango culture with a group of fabulous women and your transformative tango guide Sasha Cagen + team
Our upcoming Tango Adventures in Buenos Aires are March 4-11, April 15-22, and May 19-26 2017.
Ready for a Tango Adventure?
Are you interested in having your first tangasm but now isn’t the best time?
You are at a plateau right now and want something to challenge you, a new adventure to take you outside of your comfort zone.
Tango on Buenos Aires is on your bucket list, but you’re not sure about doing this on your own.
You love the idea of exploring tango at the source–something spiritual and sexy at the same time.
…you want an adventure that is safe, but also thrilling
…you want to become more confident
…you want to learn to let go, to trust, to trust yourself
…you want to more pleasure in your life
…you are ready to meet like-minded women of all ages who also want to say yes to life!
SO . . .surrender to the bliss of TANGO!
It’s time to break out and find your “tangasm” in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Here’s what you’ll achieve during this 7-day retreat:
– Learn tango as it’s danced in Buenos Aires (and feel the healing power of a true tango embrace—the tango hug is a true cure for the modern problem of touch starvation).
– Learn what tango has to teach you for your relationships, sensuality, and life.
– Learn how to walk like a goddess, and transform your posture as a proud, naturally sexy woman
– Be part of a psicotango workshop, a whole-body experience to connect to one’s self emotionally and another through dance
– Experience your first “tangasm”
– Design your own tango shoes
– Open yourself to more connection
– Make new friends with adventurous women who are also saying yes to life
– Relax, drink wine, do yoga, and take our own individual alone time to wander
– Get to know the culture, people, and music of Buenos Aires with like-minded fabulous people in a non-touristy way…how could this not be good for the soul?
Watch this invitation
You can also listen to this live story about Sasha’s first tangasm–and imagine your own!
Ready for a Tango Adventure?
Are you interested in the Tangasm but now isn’t the best time?
Where you’ll stay
Our group stays at the lovely boho-chic boutique hotel Hotel Costa Rica, in Palermo Soho, on tree-lined streets near many wonderful cafes, restaurants, and of course, tango spots. Palermo Soho is one of the most fashionable neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, full of delights to discover.
We let you book the hotel separately so you can choose the kind of room you want. You can choose whether to stay in a larger room with private bathroom or a smaller room with shared bathroom, depending on your budget. We make it easy by giving you the recommendation. This way, everyone stays together and you can share cabs, talk late into the night and share breakfast.
There are plenty of great restaurants and cafes nearby, including options for the vegetarians and gluten-free folks. We give you a list of local fave restaurants to try in your free time.
Note: If you are celiac, we give you a special guide for eating gluten-free in Buenos Aires. Sasha is celiac and knows how helpful it is to get some help to eat safely. All our group meals have gluten-free options.
What past adventurers say
-Laura Cuda, San Francisco, CA
-Megan, 36, drama teacher, New York City
It was great to discuss relationship subjects with Sasha and to share insights. While over the years I have reflected a lot about my experiences both in relationships and being single, Sasha works on those subjects as her life’s work. So discussing with her brought new insights and was very enriching.”-Linda Ehrichs, Ottawa, Canada
I really enjoyed our group, and loved getting to know everyone in a personal and intimate way.”-Lisa Tatoesian, Bay Area, California
-Steffi Meier, Hannover, Germany
Watch these stories from women who have joined us in Buenos Aires
The Tango Adventure Team
I’m the author of Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics, a book that inspired a global movement of women and men who prefer to be single rather than settle. I’m also a women’s empowerment coach working with my clients via Skype from Buenos Aires, focused on career, life transition, life after divorce, and dating/relationships. I’m passionate American tanguera (tango dancer). I actually discovered tango in Colombia during a yearlong solo wander through South America after I left Silicon Valley burned out by my technology job in 2010. Tango taught me so many powerful lessons about living as a proud woman on the dance floor and in life. I since moved to Buenos Aires, where I’m now working on a memoir called Wet. I created this 7-Day Tango Adventure to combine my tango and personal growth teachings–so you can have the same life-changing lessons in 7 days that I got in 6 years.
I am a molecular biologist who gave up a science career in Japan to return home and teach tango, my passion. I will help you learn to connect with yourself, with the music, with your partner, and with the couples around you, while at the same time asserting your own personality in the dance. Whether you’re a beginner or an accomplished dancer, there is always more to discover in tango. And in yourself, through tango.
I am a contemporary dancer and choreographer from Connecticut but now call Buenos Aires home. As an undergrad at Bates College I studied Dance and Anthropology which eventually led me to discover tango in Buenos Aires and pursue a thesis project on the rich culture inhabiting the dance. What I love most about tango is its social context, full of people of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds dancing together and learning from each other. During the Tango Bliss Adventure I will assist you in making the most out of your time in the city: visiting tourist sites, finding neighborhood cafes, getting in some shopping, or just an being an ear to listen…whatever you need!
We draw on insider connections to pack in a week full of incredibly authentic, amazing experiences you won’t find on any other tour for this magical week.
early 2017 prices:
Payment plan options are available. Nonrefundable deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot. To make it easy for you to budget, we can set up a payment plan to pay for the rest of your trip on a monthly basis. For example, if you book in October for a trip in March, we can then set up payments of $339 for five months to pay in full before the trip.
As of late October 2016, you can book a private room at Hotel Costa Rica for $288 for a week, bringing the total cost of your adventure to $2483.
What’s included in the Tango Adventure
– Welcome dinner
– Goodbye feast
– 3 seminars on tango and what tango has to teach you for life and relationships (tangasm/pleasure, goddess-body-shaping, posture + confidence, and eyes of desire–showing your desire in the world). Plus we talk about the connections between tango, quirkyalone, and quirkytogether.
– Gluten-free empanada + wine night at Sasha’s apartment combined with Tango Goddess workshop
– Group workshop and two private lessons with one of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires Alejandro Puerta. (You will love the lessons–one woman called her lessons a little “slice of heaven”)
– A Psicotango workshop experience (some people call this workshop an immersion therapy experience that changed everything for them) with local psychoanalyststs specializing in tango to help you discover yourself through your body language and dance
– Four guided outings to milongas, the beautiful places where people dance tango in Buenos Aires. We’ll visit traditional, elegant milongas, and alternative milongas where you can hear tangasmic live tango music (you can have a tangasm just by listening to music too)
– Two-hour taxi dancer (“dancer for hire”) to help you make your debut onto the dance floor at a Buenos Aires milonga (you’re going to feel empowered)
– Tango shoe-shopping outing for practice shoes and elegant shoes to help you find the shoes to make your tango dreams come true
– Personal “concierge” help from my assistant Colleen to connect you with the things you most want to do in Buenos Aires, whether that’e exploring museums, shopping, sightseeing, or . . .
– Orientation to the city, public transportation, and cabs so you feel confident to make the most of your time in this amazing cultural, creative city plus a SUBE card you can use for public transport as desired
– Tons of personal support, guidance + connections to create your personal tango adventure in Buenos Aires + what tango has to teach you for life
– 1-hour Integration session via Skype with Sasha one month after you go back home to help you integrate these lessons in your life at home and continue the tango journey, metaphorically or at the milonga
Plus bonus surprises!
We highly encourage you to come at least a day early and to spend extra time in Buenos Aires exploring the city and/or to travel in Argentina before or after if you can.
We offer two ways for you to join us: on a Group Tango Adventure or a Flexible-Dates Adventure.
GROUP 7-DAY TANGO ADVENTURE: MARCH 4-11, APRIL 15-22, AND MAY 19-26, 2017
The women (and men) who resonate with the quirkyalone concept and come to Buenos Aires are smart, accomplished, open-minded, and supportive. Everyone supports each other as you learn together for one amazing week. Very limited spaces, so book now!
FLEXIBLE-DATES 7-DAY TANGO ADVENTURE
Can’t make those dates? No worries, we also offer “flexible-date” tango adventures. Get in touch and see if we can make dates work. If you want to come for a life-changing 7 days in Buenos Aires. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to come between now and June 2017 (except January). This adventure has the advantage of giving you more personal attention. You’ll meet tons of people through your tango experience and get a lot of support.
Wanna go on an adventure?
We keep each group cozy + intimate — just you, me and a small group of new friends.
To join us, kindly fill out this very short + sweet registration form, so we can get to know you better.
Space will fill up quickly, so get the ball rolling (no commitment or payment necessary for registration).
There’s nothing to pay at this time; this just lets us know who you are, why you want to join us in Buenos Aires, and the best way to contact you about next steps!
We’ll be in touch with you personally to make sure it’s a great fit.